crazy legs: the blog

Monday, November 22, 2004

Credit where it's due?


Colin's received a new bib, courtesy of Heidi's doctor. It reads "Dr. Kagan delivered me!"

While it's nice to get a free (and very cute) item to keep the formula stains from overwhelming his entire wardrobe, it's kinda disconcerting to see Dr. K making it all about him.

Let me see if I can explain.

Heidi carried CL for 8 full months, taking the best prenatal care of him possible; she exercised, rested and ate accordingly. Then she undergoes a tricky labor, lasting hours.

And then Dr. K jumps in for the last 30 minutes or so, charges us a sizeable sum, and then grabs the ever-lovin' spotlight for the delivery; i.e., Heidi = chopped liver.

As long as everyone's taking credit for their part in the Coming of Crazy Legs, I might as well buy a onesie for Colin that reads "Daddy contributed my Y chromosome". Miniscule in scope, but noteworthy for bragging rights.
Seriously, I know Dr. K had a part in the delivery (which - perhaps I mentioned - he got paid for), but it's a claim that really should be said with finger quotes.

You know, like he "delivered" Colin, even though Heidi did most of the dirty and painful work.

Or GW Bush "received a mandate" from the American people in the last election, or Indiana Pacer Ron Artest was "defending himself" on Friday night.

P.S. I really like the doc, and I'm just having fun at his expense.
P.S.S. More Colin photos have been added to this album. Get 'em while they're hot.

1 Comments:

  • Actually, I hate to refute the good point above, but the Wrigley Field/Cubs shirt I'm wearing was also gratis, or free.

    Most of my clothes are, if I don't find them thrown out in people's trashbins.

    And the Cubs have given us one thing: plenty to gripe about. Ask all those Red Sox fans who are completely lost, now that they can no longer whine...

    By Blogger Patrick, at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home