crazy legs: the blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Back at work / Status update

So, this is my first week back at work.

Bleah. I want to go home.

Anyway, on the Colin front: he got a clean bill of health at his last doctor's visit. He's up to 11 lbs, 14 oz (!!!), which is right at the 50th percentile. He has caught up with all his baby competition, even though he was a little behind to start with.

These days, his pacifier is a bit like crack cocaine, and he wails when he's without it for too long. *Sigh* Guess we need to break that habit pretty soon....

Also, the boy is allergic to his bed apparently. *If* he sleeps, it's for an hour AT THE MOST, until he's up and needs some TLC. It's a bit hard to function when we're both getting very little in the snooze department.

I always try to tell myself that this is a phase that we're in, and that someday, somehow, we'll help him grow out of it. Also, I try to tell myself that I can sleep when I'm dead. And sometimes, when he cries REALLY LOUDLY in my ear, I imagine how blissful that dead man's sleep will be. (Only kidding! Besides, do you really think Heidi would let me take the easy way out?)

Anyway, it's interesting being back at work, because my thoughts are always back at the homestead, where Heidi and Colin are. Heidi goes back to work on January 3rd, and I'm sure will feel a bit of the same letdown I'm feeling now. It was so nice to be home for so long, but alas, bills must be paid, and college tuitions must be funded.

2 Comments:

  • Word...

    By Blogger Heidi, at 10:50 AM  

  • it IS a phase, promise, albeit a phase that comes and goes with no rhyme nor reason... jason pretty much settled after 3.5 months - though this past week he's changed his mind and wants playtime at 3am. good thing they're so ridiculously precious, eh?

    take care all of you and I wish you many happy naps for the holiday season!
    tree

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home