crazy legs: the blog

Thursday, August 26, 2004

One of my mentors

I've stumbled upon a wonderful weekly column from the Guardian (UK), thanks to the folks at Blogging Baby yet again (I really should send them a thank-you card).

It's called Wait Till Your Mother Comes Home, and its author Mil Millington (yeah, strange name) takes you on a journey through a loving but cynical father's mind.

An example:
Babies can't talk. The childless among you may have suspected that this is the case, but until you've been holding a howling infant until sunrise while endlessly pleading, "What? What is it? Just give me a clue", you can never really understand how devastatingly true it is: in both sonic and spiritual terms, it's about the same as being chained to someone else's car alarm all night.

My favorite, about his fear of spiders, explains that as a father, you have to swallow your pride whilst looking out for the greater good of your children. Also, I should be prepared to swallow it OFTEN.

2 Comments:

  • I'll take two...

    By Blogger Heidi, at 7:46 AM  

  • Well, just for the fact that there's reference to poop, lemurs and triple lindies, it'll be a vital part of our library.

    By Blogger Patrick, at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home