crazy legs: the blog

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Doctor Visit Extravaganza / General Update

Well, it looks like we're heading into the home stretch. The calendar is lousy with doctor appointments between now and the end of October. On Sept. 1st I'll start bi-weekly visits and then in October, I'll be going in weekly. I just had an appointment last Wedenesday and everything seems to be coming along just fine - Crazy Legs seems to be growing to a healthy size, the heartbeat sounds good and my blood pressure is heading in a southerly direction (yea!). The doctor also thinks that by the next appointment he should be able to feel where the baby's head is and his/her positioning. Very cool, I think.

Otherwise, I'm just getting larger and larger with seemingly every passing day. Oh yes, and to accompany my swollen feet and ankles, my toes have joined in on the act. I guess they were jealous of not being able to contribute to the tightness of my shoes.

We are slowly (not really surely) making progress with the nursery. We'll post a full update with photos on that soon.

Our time lately seems to be filled with administrative/organizational type stuff - getting insurance squared away, pre-registration with the hospital, gathering info on daycare options, picking ourselves up off the floor when we find out how much daycare costs in this area, figuring out what other monthly costs we can cut or eliminate to pay for daycare, finalizing leave from work with our friendly HR folks, weaning Frankie off of sleeping on my feet at night, etc., etc., etc.

Mostly, we're just looking forward to CL's arrival!

1 Comments:

  • Heidi,
    Be thankful the baby's due in Oct. and not Jan. or Feb. Those Large black rubber boots would look soooo charming clamping down the parking lot!!!! It won't be long now and all that puffiness will quickly correct itself and you'll be amazed at how small you'll seem all over! Better then dieting!!!! See ya' soon
    MOM W

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home