crazy legs: the blog

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Heidi's FAQ

Q: When Is The Baby Due?
A: The official due date is October 31st, but the doctors keep trying to cover their you-know-whats by saying that they have a two week window on either side of that date.
Q: How Are You Feeling?
A: I'm feeling great, thank you! The first couple of months were rough with nausea, etc., but I'm finally past that part, thankfully.
Q: Are You Going To Find Out The Sex Of The Baby?
A: Nope. We like surprises. Despite what you read on the rest of this blog with various pronouns being thrown about, I assure you, we have no idea if we are having a boy or a girl!
Q: Have You Picked Out Names Yet?
A: We have picked out a boy's name and are about 95% there with a girl's name.
Q: What Are The Names?
A: We're not telling! We like surprises and think that everyone else should too! However, we do love the suggestions on names we've received so far - keep 'em coming - you never know, we may just change our minds at the last minute.
Q: Are You Going Back To Work After The Baby Is Born?
A: It would be great if we were wealthy enough for me to quit my job, but unfortunately, I will be going back to work. The nice part is that my boss has graciously given me the ok to work from home 2 days a week after the baby comes. So, we won't have to have a stranger raise our child the majority of each week.
Q: Why "Crazy Legs"?
A: There's a two part answer to this - 1. The baby has begun kicking and moving about rather actively. 2. Patrick is dying to have an old-timey sort of football player nickname for the baby. I think he had the nickname picked out before I started feeling any movement.
Q: How Will Frankie The Cat Handle A Baby In The House?
A: Who knows. He's a bit possessive so it's going to be interesting to see his reaction when I don't acknowledge his every move.
Q: Do You Have The Nursery Ready Yet?
A: Good lord, no. It probably won't be ready until October 30th.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Mama and Poppa hellzapoppin...this is Redcat a.k.a. Marion from Open Diary. I have been wondering how the two of you have been doing, and now I know. Mama, I'm glad you're past the yukky stage and feeling much better. I felt great during all four of my pregnancies, and have 4 ungrateful children to show for it. Anyway...I know it's happening for you soon, and I'm sure you can hardly wait. Poppa, thank you for including me in your "favorites." I'm going back to reading, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm here and not stalking. Take care....Marion
    PS> I think it's great you like surprises. My "kids" are your contemporaries, so I didn't have options either way. But if I were having kids today, I would want to be surprised.~M

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home